Chili Cheese Dip
I would often make this delicious dip as an after-school snack for my children. They're now grown but still enjoy this easy-to-make treat.
40 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili without beans
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 4 to 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Spread into a
- greased microwave-safe 1-1/2-qt. dish. Layer with chili, onions,
- garlic, green chilies and refried beans. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 6-8 minutes until cheese is melted
- and edges are bubbly. Serve warm with breadsticks. Yield: 5 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 51 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.