Chili Cheese Corn
“I got this yummy corn recipe from a co-worker more than 10 years ago,” writes Nadene Melton from Euless, Texas. “It’s so easy and tasty that it’s become a favorite in our family—especially for holidays or special meals. I’ve had many requests for the recipe.” TIP: To turn Nadene’s creamy side dish into a convenient meal, simply add cooked chicken, beef or shrimp. Serve with a leafy tossed salad a
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine cream cheese and butter. Cook and stir
- over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until smooth. Stir in the
- remaining ingredients. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 264 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 371 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.