Add chilies and cheese to a boxed mix and what do you get? Easy muffins with zip. Our Test Kitchen shares the recipe.
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- In a large bowl, combine the corn bread mix, egg and milk just until blended. Stir in cheese and chilies. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter.
- Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 8 muffins.
Originally published as Chili-Cheese Corn Muffins in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005, p8
Reviews for Chili-Cheese Corn Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2015
"Great way to add something different to store bought corn muffin mix."