Add chilies and cheese to a boxed mix and what do you get? Easy muffins with zip. Our Test Kitchen shares the recipe.
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- In a large bowl, combine the corn bread mix, egg and milk just until blended. Stir in cheese and chilies. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter.
- Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 8 muffins.
Originally published as Chili-Cheese Corn Muffins in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005, p8
Reviews for Chili-Cheese Corn Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review