- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons chili sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves, tomato slices and mayonnaise, optional
- In a large bowl, combine cheese, 2 tablespoons chili sauce and chili powder. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on buns with remaining chili sauce and, if desired, lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Chili-Cheese Burgers
Sort By :
"Have made this recipe for a while now. Wife and her sister love it. I tone down the chili sauce and powder so our son can eat it. The cheese mixed in creates a nice flavor."