Instead of putting cheese on the top of burgers, I like to shred and mix into the meat when shaping the patties. This way, you'll be sure to get a little cheesy goodness in every bite. —Deb Williams, Peoria, Arizona
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons chili sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves, tomato slices and mayonnaise, optional
- In a large bowl, combine cheese, 2 tablespoons chili sauce and chili
- powder. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four
- 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5
- minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on
- buns with remaining chili sauce and, if desired, lettuce, tomato and
- mayonnaise. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger (calculated without lettuce and tomato) equals 404 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 718 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.