Instead of putting cheese on the top of burgers, I like to shred and mix into the meat when shaping the patties. This way, you'll be sure to get a little cheesy goodness in every bite. —Deb Williams, Peoria, Arizona
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons chili sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves, tomato slices and mayonnaise, optional
- In a large bowl, combine cheese, 2 tablespoons chili sauce and chili powder. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on buns with remaining chili sauce and, if desired, lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chili-Cheese Burgers in Simple & Delicious August/September 2013, p22
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chili-Cheese Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review