Chili Cheese Ball Recipe
It wouldn't be Christmas at our house without this zippy, well-seasoned cheese ball-my husband's absolute favorite. The family starts asking about it 2 weeks before the holidays! It's also a big hit at Super Bowl parties.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 piece (4 ounces) Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 3-1/2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add the Monterey Jack and Gouda; mix well. Stir in the olives, onion and mustard. Add 2 teaspoons chili powder and the garlic powder. Shape into a ball. Combine almonds and remaining chili powder; roll cheese ball in almond mixture. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1 cheese ball (2-1/2 cups).
2 tablespoon: 120 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Chili Cheese Ball
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC