It wouldn't be Christmas at our house without this zippy, well-seasoned cheese ball-my husband's absolute favorite. The family starts asking about it 2 weeks before the holidays! It's also a big hit at Super Bowl parties.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 piece (4 ounces) Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 3-1/2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add the Monterey Jack and Gouda; mix well. Stir in the olives, onion and mustard. Add 2 teaspoons chili powder and the garlic powder. Shape into a ball. Combine almonds and remaining chili powder; roll cheese ball in almond mixture. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1 cheese ball (2-1/2 cups).
Originally published as Chili Cheese Ball in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2005, p24
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chili Cheese Ball
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review