Chili Cheddar Pinwheels Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons picante sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Additional chili powder, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the cheddar cheese, chilies, picante sauce, chili powder, garlic salt and onion powder until blended.
- 2. Separate each tube of crescent roll dough into four rectangles; press perforations to seal. Spread about 1/4 cup cheese mixture over each rectangle. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
- 3. Cut each roll into eight slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with additional chili powder if desired. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 64 appetizers.
1 serving (3 each) equals 101 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Chili Cheddar Pinwheels
"I make these every New Years eve. It is always expected by my friends. They are so yummy! Keep them chilled right before cutting so they don't get smashed."
"I have made these for many occasions (school, church, friends, family) and have always been asked for the recipe! I must admit that at first, I thought the combination of ingredients was very strange but they come together amazingly! It is easy and tastes great!!! Another great thing about it is that you can assemble it ahead of time and then, when you need them, just cut and bake. I use dental floss to make the cutting easier. You will NOT be disappointed in this recipe."
"These are an absolute favorite. I've made these on three occasions and all three times people went nuts for them. I made them last night and people couldn't stop raving!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.