Chili Cheddar Pinwheels Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons picante sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Additional chili powder, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the cheddar cheese, chilies, picante sauce, chili powder, garlic salt and onion powder until blended.
- 2. Separate each tube of crescent roll dough into four rectangles; press perforations to seal. Spread about 1/4 cup cheese mixture over each rectangle. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
- 3. Cut each roll into eight slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with additional chili powder if desired. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 64 appetizers.
1 serving (3 each) equals 101 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.