These baked Southwestern bites, made with crescent roll dough, will steal the show at your next get-together. "They'll disappear in no time," assures Mary Dorchester of Midland, Texas.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons picante sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Additional chili powder, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the cheddar cheese, chilies, picante sauce, chili powder, garlic salt and onion powder until blended.
- Separate each tube of crescent roll dough into four rectangles; press perforations to seal. Spread about 1/4 cup cheese mixture over each rectangle. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Cut each roll into eight slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with additional chili powder if desired. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 64 appetizers.
Originally published as Chili Cheddar Pinwheels in Taste of Home October/November 2003, p61
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chili Cheddar Pinwheels
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review