Chili Cheddar Biscuits Recipe
Chili powder lends a little kick to these flaky, buttery biscuits. "I like to serve them with steaming bowls of chili or hearty beef soup," writes Kim Marie Van Rheenen of Mendota, Illinois.
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk and egg just until moistened. Add cheese.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 15 biscuits.
1 each: 145 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 259mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Chili Cheddar Biscuits
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC