Chili Cheddar Biscuits
Chili powder lends a little kick to these flaky, buttery biscuits. "I like to serve them with steaming bowls of chili or hearty beef soup," writes Kim Marie Van Rheenen of Mendota, Illinois.
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Cut in butter until
- mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk and egg just until
- moistened. Add cheese.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll to 1/2-in. thickness; cut
- with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased
- baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden
- brown. Serve warm. Yield: 15 biscuits.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 145 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 259 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.