Chili powder lends a little kick to these flaky, buttery biscuits. "I like to serve them with steaming bowls of chili or hearty beef soup," writes Kim Marie Van Rheenen of Mendota, Illinois.
Featured In: March Madness Party Appetizers
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk and egg just until moistened. Add cheese.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 15 biscuits.
Originally published as Chili Cheddar Biscuits in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p43
Reviews for Chili Cheddar Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review