Chili Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked noodles
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomato sauce, tomatoes, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in noodles; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 274 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 722mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Chili Casserole
"Going to try this one out with some mafalda pasta instead of bow tie noodles. Just baked some homemade bread and plan to cook this up and serve them together for dinner tonight. Glad there isn't any chili powder in this one, since I'm not a big fan of spicy! (that's usually something I end up omitting anyways)"
"My husband said this was a keeper. I added 1 teaspoon of chilli powder to it also. My grand children had it for lunch and loved it."
"I added a little more garlic powder and served it with biscuits. My husband and I really enjoyed this dish and I wil be making this dish again. It's a great dinner for a clod, wintery evening."
"I followed the directions exactly and just before I served the dish 10-30-09 to my family, I realized their was no chili powder listed as an ingredient. I took a taste test and it was bland. So, I added a tablespoon of chili powder to the dish and waited another ten minutes for the flavor to soak in. Only my husband (who eats almost anything) took seconds. I will not make this recipe again!!"
"I love any hearty chili recipe. A great variation for this is to stir 1 c. sour cream into the noodles. Layer chili mixture and noodles in a casserole dish, top with some shredded monterey jack or cheddar and bake at 350 degrees to get hot and bubbly....about 20 min. Great pot luck dish or meal for a friend who needs a hand."