These are hearty, zippy sandwiches which are a crowd pleaser. People are pleasantly surprised to find beans in this recipe.Dolores Skrout, Summerhill, Pennsylvania
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 hamburger buns, split
- In a saucepan over medium heat, brown beef; drain. Add beans, soup,
- celery, green pepper, onion, ketchup, brown sugar and seasonings;
- bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or
- until vegetables are tender. Serve on buns. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 246 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 642 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 13 g protein.