These are hearty, zippy sandwiches which are a crowd pleaser. People are pleasantly surprised to find beans in this recipe.—Dolores Skrout, Summerhill, Pennsylvania
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 hamburger buns, split
- In a saucepan over medium heat, brown beef; drain. Add beans, soup, celery, green pepper, onion, ketchup, brown sugar and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve on buns. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chili Burgers in Taste of Home August/September 1996, p19
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chili Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review