Chili Bread Recipe
Dressed-up chili, sprinkled with colorful red tomatoes, green onions and mozzarella cheese, make a tasty topping for a loaf of crusty French bread. "This filling open-face sandwich tastes terrific and can be made in minutes," comments Marian Dinwiddie of Roy, Washington.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili without beans
- 3/4 to 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cut bread in half lengthwise; place with cut side up on a foil-lined baking sheet. In a large bowl, combine the beans, chili, spaghetti sauce and garlic; spread over cut sides of bread.
- 2. Top with tomato and onions. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Chili Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC