Chili-Beer Glazed Steaks
Bold ingredients give these tender grilled steaks a taste you won’t soon forget. We loved the slightly sweet and pleasantly smoky glaze. Get ready to make mouths water! —Geordyth Sullivan, Miami
4 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 2/3 cup chili sauce
- 2/3 cup spicy steak sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 4 boneless beef top loin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine the chili sauce, steak sauce, shallots
- and beer. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15
- minutes or until slightly thickened. Set aside 1/2 cup for serving
- and keep warm. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs,
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat
- or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until
- meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should
- read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting
- occasionally with sauce mixture. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 steak with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 398 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 1,757 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 49 g protein.