Chili-Beer Glazed Steaks Recipe
- 2/3 cup chili sauce
- 2/3 cup spicy steak sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 4 boneless beef top loin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the chili sauce, steak sauce, shallots and beer. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Set aside 1/2 cup for serving and keep warm. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with sauce mixture. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 steak with 2 tablespoons sauce: 398 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 1757mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 49g protein.
Reviews for Chili-Beer Glazed Steaks
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.