Chili Beef Stew Recipe
- 1/2 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1. In a large saucepan, brown meat in oil on all sides. Remove and set aside. In the same pan, saute onion and green pepper until tender. Return meat to the pan.
- 2. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, parsley, chili powder, garlic, cumin and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender. Stir in beans; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups (prepared with reduced-sodium broth) equals 318 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 398 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Chili Beef Stew
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.