Served in whole wheat tortillas, these scrumptious beef and veggie quesadillas pack a healthy dose of fiber. They’re spicy enough to suit my husband, but mild enough to please our 2-year-old son. Robyn Larabee - Lucknow, Ontario
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, cook and stir the mushrooms, zucchini, carrot, garlic, chili powder, salt and pepper sauce until vegetables are tender. Stir in the tomatoes, cilantro and beef mixture.
- Spritz one side of each tortilla with cooking spray; place plain side up in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Spoon beef mixture over half of each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese. Fold tortillas over filling.
- Bake at 400° for 5 minutes. Carefully turn over; bake 5-6 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chili Beef Quesadillas in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p23
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chili Beef Quesadillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review