Chili Beef Quesadillas Recipe
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, cook and stir the mushrooms, zucchini, carrot, garlic, chili powder, salt and pepper sauce until vegetables are tender. Stir in the tomatoes, cilantro and beef mixture.
- Spritz one side of each tortilla with cooking spray; place plain side up in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Spoon beef mixture over half of each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese. Fold tortillas over filling.
- Bake at 400° for 5 minutes. Carefully turn over; bake 5-6 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chili Beef Quesadillas
Sort By :
Wonderful recipe..the family loves this.
This is fantastic! One of our family's favorites.
Fantastic tasting and full of veggies -- what a combo!
I had the day off today and wanted to try something new. I found this in my pile of magazines and I am so glad I did. My husband and I both LOVED these and will make them again this week with the left over mixture I still have. I added a little bit of green pepper, but didn't change anything else.
Made these last night for supper and they were great. I just used taco seasoning instead of the chili powder. I will make them over and over.