Right after I got married, my aunt gave me her recipe for skillet spaghetti and told me it was ideal for a quick weeknight meal. Over the years I’ve tinkered with the ingredients and played with the seasonings to make it a healthier dish and one my family truly loves. —Kristen Killian, Depew, New York
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat small pasta shell- or spiral-shaped pasta
- Grape tomatoes and sliced jalapeno pepper, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in seasonings.
- Add tomato juice, water, tomato paste and sugar to pan; bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20-22 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. If desired, top with tomatoes and jalapeno slices. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chili Beef Pasta in Simple & Delicious October/November 2013, p28
Reviews for Chili Beef Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review