- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat small pasta shell- or spiral-shaped pasta
- Grape tomatoes and sliced jalapeno pepper, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in seasonings.
- Add tomato juice, water, tomato paste and sugar to pan; bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20-22 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. If desired, top with tomatoes and jalapeno slices. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chili Beef Pasta
"This dish came out full of flavor and it's so easy. I especially love the fact that it's all cooked in one pot, making clean up a breeze. I don't measure pasta, I eye-ball it. So I probably added a little more pasta than what the recipe calls for, but in the end, it didn't come out soupy like some reviewers have said. It was perfect. I served it with dinner rolls. It got the stamp of approval from kids and hubby as well!"
"Did I make the same recipe as everyone else? I couldn't even salvage this; it went straight down to the dumpster. This tasted like tomato juice soup with pasta and ground beef. I had used V-8 juice instead and added A LOT more spices and it still tasted like nothing but tomato juice."
"This is good, somewhat on the soupy side. I added more salt and granulated garlic for more flavor. It would've been OK even without the extra seasoning. Makes a good one pot meal which saves on dishes that have to be washed after supper. Thumbs up on that!"
"This was wonderful, I just added some mushrooms!! GREAT!!"
"Another great one pot recipe. I love one pot meals when it's been a busy day and your running behind. This one is so simply and great tasteing too."