Chili Beef Pasta Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta
- Chopped tomatoes and minced fresh oregano, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in seasonings.
- Add tomato juice, water, tomato paste and sugar to pan; bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20-22 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. If desired, top with tomatoes and oregano. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chili Beef Pasta
Sort By :
This recipe didn't have a lot of flavor to me and we have fairly bland things here because I have to cook for someone who can have very little sodium. I did leave out the salt and used tomatoes with no salt added for about everything that was a tomato product. However, I added Mrs. Dash original to replace the salt and I did add 3 or 4 drops of hot sauce. Truth is, the person who said earlier that it was just as easy to use their own leftover chili and add pasta is who I agree with.
I added a little extra salt and fresh ground pepper. Everyone loved it! Thanks!
I wanted this to be so good, but ultimately, it was only average in taste. I prefer my favorite chili recipe over this and I can always add pasta to that if I want it. It was easy to prepare, but just didn't pack much punch.
This type of meal is always a favorite around my house. I used V8 Hot & Spicy instead of tomato juice, and I added a can of dark red kidney beans, and a bit of cumin... Yum.
This is definitely a crowd pleaser. 7 of my 12 grandchildren sat down to the table and they all loved it. I might use the Hot Mexican chili powder the next time if I'll have more adults sitting at the table. But this was perfect for EVERYONE and it's not often that I can get them all to agree on a single meal. Thank YOU!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >