Chili Beef Noodle Skillet
A friend gave me this recipe. My husband, Walter, likes this entree's hearty blend of beef, onion and tomatoes. I like it because I can get it to the table so quickly.—Deborah Elliott, Ridge Spring, South Carolina
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) egg noodles
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook the beef, onion, celery and garlic over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Add
- the tomatoes, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until heated through.
- Drain noodles; stir into beef mixture and heat through. Remove from
- the heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or
- until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 344 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 351 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein.