Chili Beef Noodle Skillet Recipe
A friend gave me this recipe. My husband, Walter, likes this entree's hearty blend of beef, onion and tomatoes. I like it because I can get it to the table so quickly.—Deborah Elliott, Ridge Spring, South Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 package (8 ounces) egg noodles
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, celery and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Add the tomatoes, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Drain noodles; stir into beef mixture and heat through. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 344 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 351 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC