Chili Beef Dip
No last-minute party prep is needed for this warm, creamy dip. Put it together hours before the gathering and let a slow cooker do the work until your group is ready to dig in. —Pat Habiger, Spearville, Kansas
32 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, brown the beef, onion and jalapeno until meat is
- no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir
- in the cream cheese, tomato sauce, chilies, Parmesan cheese,
- ketchup, garlic, chili powder and oregano.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Stir;
- serve with chips. Yield: 8 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 110 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.