No last-minute party prep needed! Just put this creamy dip together a couple hours before your shindig, and let your slow cooker do the work. —Pat Habiger, Spearville, Kansas
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, brown the beef, onion and jalapeno until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the cream cheese, tomato sauce, chilies, Parmesan cheese, ketchup, garlic, chili powder and oregano.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Stir; serve with chips. Yield: 8 cups.
Originally published as Chili Beef Dip in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p39
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chili Beef Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review