- Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar and baking powder. In
- another bowl, whisk eggs, milk and oil until blended; stir in corn.
- Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Stir in cheese.
- Spread half of the batter into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with
- beef mixture. Spread remaining batter over filling.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in corn
- bread portion comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- If desired, serve with sour cream and salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (calculated without sour cream and salsa) equals 482 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 773 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.