Chili Beef Bake Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 slices process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1. In a skillet, brown beef; drain. Add onion and garlic; cook until tender. Remove from the heat; add chili powder, salt and pepper.
- 2. Place six tortillas in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, overlapping slightly. Top with half of the meat mixture. Layer with beans, remaining meat mixture, cheese and remaining tortillas. Combine soup and tomatoes; pour over tortillas (dish will be full). Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 521 calories, 26g fat (9g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 1444mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Chili Beef Bake
"My husband loves mexican food.So he makes me make this once a week."