Chili Beef Bake Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 slices process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1. In a skillet, brown beef; drain. Add onion and garlic; cook until tender. Remove from the heat; add chili powder, salt and pepper.
- 2. Place six tortillas in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, overlapping slightly. Top with half of the meat mixture. Layer with beans, remaining meat mixture, cheese and remaining tortillas. Combine soup and tomatoes; pour over tortillas (dish will be full). Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 521 calories, 26g fat (9g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 1444mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein .
Reviews for Chili Beef Bake
"My husband loves mexican food.So he makes me make this once a week."