From Kingman, Arizona, Mary Felty sent this zesty soup. "It's quick to fix yet it tastes like it simmered all day," she promises. "My husband likes it with cheddar cheese and tortilla chips."
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chili Bean Soup in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p56
Reviews for Chili Bean Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review