Chili Bean Nacho Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomato sauce, corn, sugar, chili powder and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Sprinkle with cheese; remove from the heat. Cover; let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
One 1-cup serving (prepared with lean ground beef and 1/2 cup reduced-fat cheese; calculated without chips) equals 278 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 1,040 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.