- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomato sauce, corn, sugar, chili powder and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese; remove from the heat. Cover; let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chili Bean Nacho Skillet
"Quick and easy recipe--great for a night when you are busy. Topped with diced green peppers, tomatoes, avocados, and sour cream for a complete meal."
"I add a little more tomato sauce or juice, and serve it over rice when there are no tortilla chips to be found......good go-to recipe on busy nights."
"It seemed like more of a dip for chips rather than a main dish, but my family really liked it!"
"Wonderful, my family loved it."