Chili Bean Cheese Omelet Recipe
"In an effort to eat healthier, I've been playing around with some recipes, including this hearty omelet," writes field editor Cathee Bethel of Lebanon, Oregon. The bountiful blend of tomatoes, kidney beans, cheese and onion makes it a satisfying centerpiece for breakfast, brunch or supper.
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup kidney beans, rinsed and drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the tomato, onion, beans, garlic, celery salt, chili powder and Worcestershire sauce in 1 teaspoon oil until liquid has evaporated; set aside and keep warm.
- 2. In an 8-in. skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs and salt. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- 3. As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon vegetable mixture on one side; fold other side over filling. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Invert omelet onto a plate to serve. Yield: 1 serving.
1 each: 386 calories, 24g fat (7g saturated fat), 441mg cholesterol, 1156mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Chili Bean Cheese Omelet
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC