Chili Bean Cheese Omelet Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup kidney beans, rinsed and drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the tomato, onion, beans, garlic, celery salt, chili powder and Worcestershire sauce in 1 teaspoon oil until liquid has evaporated; set aside and keep warm.
- 2. In an 8-in. skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs and salt. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- 3. As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon vegetable mixture on one side; fold other side over filling. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Invert omelet onto a plate to serve. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving (1 each) equals 386 calories, 24 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 441 mg cholesterol, 1,156 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Chili Bean Cheese Omelet
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.