A co-worker shared this recipe, and my husband and I both love it! We serve it with a fresh salad and bread. I hope it warms your tummy as it does ours! —Peggy Lund, Fort Collins, Colorado
- 1 can (26 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first seven ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Garnish servings with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Chili-Basil Tomato Soup in Simple & Delicious April/May 2012, p31
Reviews for Chili-Basil Tomato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review