Chili-Basil Tomato Soup
A co-worker shared this recipe, and my husband and I both love it! We serve it with a fresh salad and bread. I hope it warms your tummy as it does ours! —Peggy Lund, Fort Collins, Colorado
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (26 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first seven ingredients. Cook and stir
- over medium heat until heated through. Garnish servings with cheese
- if desired. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups (calculated without cheese) equals 243 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 1,204 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.