- 1 can (26 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first seven ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Garnish servings with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews forChili-Basil Tomato Soup
"It was quick and easy but lacked something. Not much different than campbells tomato with a kick."
"Looks good. Have not tasted it as yet"
"The green chilies gave it a nice kick, but the evaporated milk really diminished the hearty tomato taste. It was quick and easy, but not as rich and tasty as I would have hoped."
"SO easy just throw everything into a pot and heat up!!! Just made this for my husband and me for supper. Oh my it is a keeper. He loved it too!!! Made it exactly as the recipe suggested using original Rotel for the diced tomatoes and chillies. Gave it a bit of a kick. Served it with grilled cheese and bacon sandwiches."