Chili Barbecue Chops
In her West Monroe, Louisiana kitchen, Tonya Fitzgerald jazzes up store-bought Italian salad dressing with barbecue sauce and chili powder to make the easy marinade for these pork chops. They're simmered on the stove-top for just a few minutes, so they're on the table in no time.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Cook: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 bone-in pork chops (3/4 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, barbecue sauce and chili
- powder. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag;
- add the pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at
- least 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large skillet coated with cooking
- spray, brown chops on both sides over medium heat; drain. Add
- reserved marinade. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 5-7 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 160°. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.