Chili Baked Brie
Chili and garlic powder shine in this cheesy loaf that’s best right out of the oven. It’s always a favorite when I entertain. —Mary Spencer, Greendale, Wisconsin
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 round loaf sourdough bread (1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut top third off loaf of bread; hollow out
- enough bread from bottom to make room for cheese. Cube removed
- bread; set aside. Using a knife, make 2-in. cuts into loaf around
- edge of bread at 1-in. intervals. Spread inside of bread with
- Combine chili powder, sugar, garlic powder and mustard; sprinkle 2
- teaspoons into loaf. Top with cheese; sprinkle with remaining spice
- mixture. Replace bread top.
- Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes or until
- cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve with bread cubes.
- Yield: 18 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 122 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.