- 1 round loaf sourdough bread (1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut top third off loaf of bread; hollow out enough bread from bottom to make room for cheese. Cube removed bread; set aside. Using a knife, make 2-in. cuts into loaf around edge of bread at 1-in. intervals. Spread inside of bread with butter.
- Combine chili powder, sugar, garlic powder and mustard; sprinkle 2 teaspoons into loaf. Top with cheese; sprinkle with remaining spice mixture. Replace bread top.
- Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve with bread cubes. Yield: 18 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Chili Baked Brie
Sort By :
"This is an easy and delicious appetizer!!I used a round loaf of Portuguese bread, in place of the sourdough bread and it was great. I served this at a family cookout and it disappeared in minutes!"