Chili 'n' Cheese Enchiladas Recipe
I combined two of my family's favorite flavors to invent this dish—and ever since, I've gotten more requests for it than I can remember!—Kim Prorok, North Fort Myers, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions, divided
- 1 package (1-1/4 ounces) chili seasoning
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 jar (8 ounces) picante sauce
- 1. In a large ovenproof skillet, cook beef and 1/2 cup onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the chili seasoning, tomato sauce, tomato paste, chili beans and water. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine 2 cups cheese and remaining onion. Divide cheese mixture evenly on the tortillas. Roll up each tortilla and arrange, seam side down, on top of the chili mixture. Top with picante sauce and remaining cheese.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC