Chili & Cheese Ham Strata Recipe
- 6 slices sourdough bread (1 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Remove and discard crust from bread if desired. Butter bread; cube and place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1-3/4 cups cheese, ham, chilies, onion and cilantro.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt, cumin and mustard in a large bowl. Pour over bread mixture; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Chili & Cheese Ham Strata(2)
Sort By :
I would like to know how you curl and cooked the bacon Oh the Strata Recipe is great easy and good
This was really good, and easy to make. It's nice that it can be made the night before, so quick to fix in the morning. I used a can of chopped Jalapenos instead of chopped green chiies and it turned out great. Be careful as it is easy to over cook this one.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Mexican Breakfast >
- Mexican Casseroles >