Chili & Cheese Ham Strata Recipe
Don’t you just love it when you find a holiday recipe that can be folded into the everyday repertoire? This strata, layered with sourdough, cheddar and savory ham, is egg-cellent for Easter but just as wonderful for any other brunch! —Theresa Kreyche, Tustin, California
- 6 slices sourdough bread (1 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 5 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. Remove and discard crust from bread if desired. Butter bread; cube and place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1-3/4 cups cheese, ham, chilies, onion and cilantro.
- 2. Whisk the eggs, milk, salt, cumin and mustard in a large bowl. Pour over bread mixture; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 364 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 203 mg cholesterol, 968 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Chili & Cheese Ham Strata
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC