Chilaquilas Appetizer Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (20 ounces) tortilla or corn chips
- 1 to 2 cups (4 to 8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomatoes, olives, onions, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until thickened. Arrange chips on a platter; top with meat mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 465 calories, 22g fat (7g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 688mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 6g fiber), 18g protein .
Reviews for Chilaquilas Appetizer
"This was great during the game."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.