Chilaquilas Appetizer Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (20 ounces) tortilla or corn chips
- 1 to 2 cups (4 to 8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomatoes, olives, onions, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until thickened. Arrange chips on a platter; top with meat mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 465 calories, 22g fat (7g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 688mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 6g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Chilaquilas Appetizer
"This was great during the game."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.