- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (20 ounces) tortilla or corn chips
- 1 to 2 cups (4 to 8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomatoes, olives, onions, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until thickened. Arrange chips on a platter; top with meat mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Chilaquilas Appetizer in Country Ground Beef 1993, p6
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chilaquilas Appetizer
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2013
"This was great during the game."