I learned how to make this recipe when I was attending high school in California. It's been a family favorite for years.—Joy Frost, Wood River, Illinois
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (20 ounces) tortilla or corn chips
- 1 to 2 cups (4 to 8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomatoes, olives, onions, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until thickened. Arrange chips on a platter; top with meat mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Chilaquilas Appetizer in Country Ground Beef 1993, p6
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chilaquilas Appetizer
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2013
"This was great during the game."