Chiffon Pumpkin Pie Recipe
For a lighter and fluffier version of than a pumpkin pie, try this delicious recipe. The gingersnap crust and pumpkin mixture compliment each other well.—Lynn Baker, Osmond, Nebraska
- 1 cup finely crushed gingersnaps (about 24)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- Additional whipped topping, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine gelatin and milk; let stand for 5 minutes. Heat milk mixture to just below boiling; remove from the heat. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Add the pumpkin, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves; mix well. Fold in whipped topping. Pour over crust. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- 3. Remove sides of pan just before serving. Garnish with additional whipped topping if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice equals 125 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC