- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 7 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup finely chopped candied cherries
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mixed candied fruit
- CINNAMON WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks, water, oil, lemon peel and vanilla; add to dry ingredients and beat until well blended.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form; fold into batter. Toss cherries, pecans and candied fruit with remaining flour; fold into batter. Pour into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan.
- Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Immediately invert the pan; cool completely. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove cake from pan and place on a serving plate.
- For whipped cream, in a small bowl, beat the cream, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon until soft peaks form. Serve with cake. Yield: 12 servings (2 cups whipped cream).
Originally published as Chiffon Fruitcake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p71
Reviews for Chiffon Fruitcake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review