My family loves potpies, and with this recipe, no one—not even my carnivores—misses the meat. Hungry teens and adults gobble them up! —Annette Woofenden Middleboro, MA
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/4 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- Saute onion in butter in a large saucepan until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add broth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the vegetables, garbanzo beans, potatoes, cream and Italian seasoning. Divide mixture among four ungreased 10-oz. ramekins.
- Unroll pastry; divide into four portions. Roll out each portion to fit ramekins; place pastry over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chickpea Potpies in Simple & Delicious April/May 2013, p47
Reviews for Chickpea Potpies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review