Chickpea Patties with Yogurt Sauce Recipe
Dill gives these patties a hint of freshness, and garlic is a very flavorful addition. From Jane Hacker of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, these patties will please vegetarians and meat lovers alike.
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. Place half of the chickpeas and the onions in a food processor; cover and process until chopped. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in the bread crumbs, dill and lemon juice; set aside.
- 2. Place the tahini, salt, cumin, pepper and remaining chickpeas in food processor; cover and process until blended. Add to chopped chickpea mixture; stir to combine. Shape into 12 patties.
- 3. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties in oil over medium heat in batches for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Serve with patties. Yield: 1 dozen (1 cup sauce).
2 each: 159 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Chickpea Patties with Yogurt Sauce
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC