Chickpea Crab Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette Recipe
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 3/4 cup garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, chopped
- 3 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. Set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the crab, garbanzo beans, radishes, onions, parsley, carrot and pistachios. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Divide salad greens between two salad bowls; top with crab mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 446 calories, 27 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 635 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Chickpea Crab Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.