Chickpea Cauliflower Curry Recipe
I like to serve this colorful vegetable and rice side dish when I'm hosting a buffet luncheon.
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 4 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves, optional
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1. Cook the rice according to package directions. Set aside and keep warm.
- 2. Place cauliflower in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- 3. In a large skillet, saute the onion, carrot and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the ginger, curry, salt and clove if desired. Add the beans, tomatoes, peas and cauliflower. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat. Serve with rice. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 157 calories, 2g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Chickpea Cauliflower Curry
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC