Chickie Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
Folks are sure to crack a smile when they see these irresistible open-faced sandwiches. Two kinds of cheese and a few olive pieces create the cheery chick that sits atop each ham slice.
- 8 slices bread
- 4 to 8 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 8 slices fully cooked ham
- 8 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 pitted ripe olives
- 1. Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread each slice with mustard; top with ham. Using a 3-1/2-in. egg-shaped cutter, cut mozzarella cheese into egg shapes (discard trimmings or save for another use). Using a sharp knife, cut zigzags in the middle of each egg shape. Place on ham, leaving 1 in. of space between the two pieces.
- 2. For each chick, sprinkle cheddar cheese between the two egg pieces. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Cut olives into eight triangles for beaks and 16 small pieces for eyes. Arrange on chicks. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 205 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 614mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Chickie Cheese Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC