"A co-worker shared this recipe that was originally her grandmother's," writes Bev Dutro from Dayton, Ohio. "When I make it, I use a box of refrigerated cooked chicken and fresh zucchini my neighbor gives me from his garden."
- 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups diced zucchini
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine stuffing mix and butter. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Add the zucchini, chicken, soup, carrot, onion and sour cream to the remaining stuffing mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved stuffing mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Zucchini Casserole in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p33
Reviews for Chicken Zucchini Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review