Chicken Yakitori with Noodles Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 quarts water
- 5 packages (3 ounces each) ramen noodles
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup soy sauce, broth, honey, garlic powder and ginger. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken and broccoli; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain chicken and broccoli; discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken and broccoli. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning once.
- 3. In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add noodles (discard seasoning packets or save for another use); cook for 2-3 minutes or just until tender.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add sake; bring to a boil. Cook until liquid is reduced by half; stir in remaining soy sauce. Drain noodles; add noodles and green onions to pan. Toss to coat.
- 5. Heat reserved marinade; drizzle over yakitori and noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup noodles with 2 skewers: 684 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 957mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Yakitori with Noodles
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.